This is your tour, nobody else joins the group.
We specialise in very small groups; from a single traveller up to groups of six. Our day tours pick you up at your residence in the morning and return you there in the evening. The tours include lots of stops with short hikes (walks) and we try to explore the places that the larger groups don’t always get to.
All tours include;
- Residence pick-up and return (some city centre hotels may not be accessible due to city transport restrictions)
- A stop for lunch, which you choose and pay for, we work with you to match your budget
- Travel in a 4×4, with a Ian as your driver / guide
- Photographic memories available to download
- Tour adjusted en-route, if required, to suit your circumstances
Visit Rauðamelsölkelda sparkling spring, walk up to Bjarnarfoss. Stroll on Buðir gold sand beach, going to Frambudir to see the old fishing centre from the saga times. Then on to explore Rauðfeldargjá a hidden waterfall. Step round a maze at Dritvik, peer into a Saxholar crater, check for water in the Irishman’s well. Try not to go berserk in the lava field of that name, learn about early fishing systems. Finish the day with a bath in Lýsuhólslaug a hot sparkling pool (or a natural hot pool along a 4×4 track called Rauðamelslaug).
Suðurlands (South Coast),
Visit the Urriðafoss on the mighty Þjórsá river. Gljúfrafoss and of course Seljalandsfoss, then inland to the lost glacial lake of Gígjökull, Nauthúsagil rowan ravine and the hidden waterfalls or Stakkholtsgjá canyon. (This can get your wet feet). Then back to the south road and visit one of the caves, Paradisahellir, Kverkahellir, or Seljalandshellir (On route we pass Skogarfoss). If the clouds are good a drive up F222 to scan below from the edge of Mýrdalsjökull. On to Reynisfjara beach and the basalt cliffs and caves. Then on our way back perhaps a dip into Seljavallalaug. [Not all can be achieved in one day, so we discuss with you what YOU want to do]
Reykholtsdalur (West Iceland) two options but just one tour
Leaving Reykjavik by Hengill the aptly named Pipe Line Road, we drop into Hvalfjörður (Whale bay) and turn to Glymur Foss, Iceland’s second tallest foss. [The walk up is an adventure and takes 4 hours return, so we would discuss with you what the day will include if the falls are included].
If no Glymur then we take the 550 then 52 called Lundareikjadalur to visit Krosslaug a hot pool (yes you can try it). Then onto Deildartunguhver Europe’s most powerful hot spring. Travel via a back road to Langifoss í Deildargili near Húsafell and then the goat pens, fox trap and mill ruins. Hraunfoss, Barnafoss and Halafoss waterfalls. Then up to Langjökull afterwards back down so we can peer into Surtshellir (one of Iceland’s longest cave – no we don’t walk it all). Returning by back roads to Borgarnes perhaps a side step to Kleppjárnsreykir pool or after Borgarnes we can pop into Hreppslaug both fed from Deildartunguhver.
PRICE per tour inclusive of tax
- 93000 isk, per day tour, add the next day as an extra tour for 83700 isk
- We charge a fixed price for the tour, whether 1 or 6 persons
- To book a tour email email@example.com
or call Ian 00354 6626389 (you can also send an SMS/TXT)
We use one of 2 Land Rover vehicles, depending on group size and the tour undertaken.
- Discovery – max’ 3/4, comfortable, plus 2 smaller person in the rear, any road
- Defender 110 – max’ 3/6 comfortable, more extreme tours and winter snow tours
NOTICE – CAVEAT
These tours can include numerous walks, so appropriate foot wear and walking clothes should be worn. Bring waterproof outer clothes. A towel, swim suit and spare socks and light shoes will allow you to enjoy the day. We reserve the right to refuse to take you on the walking sections of the tour if the guide believes your clothing or footwear is not suitable. The remainder of the tour will proceed but there would be no refund.
The following are mainly scenic driving tours with ample time for photographs.
- Golden Circle
- Selfoss to Landmannalaugar, via Árnes and Hrauneyjar
- Hvolsvöllur to Hekla via Keldur and moutain roads with river crossings
- þórsmörk (Thorsmork), Eyjafjallajökull, Gigjökull glacier
- Seljalandsfoss, Skogar, Seljavallalaug pool, Sólheimasandur black sand beach and DC3 plane (access to plane is now on foot only)