The background is – your view from our lounge. (Some mobiles may not show this)
We would really like to say, Welcome to Iceland, to you in person. Almost everyone at the airport and dock side says it to visitors and Velkomin heima to residents returning.
Ian and Frances first came to Iceland in 1999 and returned every year until they relocated here in 2010. Ian had retired from lecturing in Hospitality and Tourism in Scotland. We now run a small guest house with the plan to offer a good home from home, with no surprise costs and equality for single travellers and couples alike and support for families.
Please take a moment to look into our website, we have an on-line booking system but read the page about booking a room and booking flights, we may just save you some money!
For AirBnB users, please note we are a fully licensed Guest House business, we offer separate rooms, not a couch in the living room. Being licensed means you won’t suffer the indignity of being put out on the street, which is happening in Reykjavik and other place.
We are pleased to announce that within the first 5 years of running the Guest House, we have achieved;
- Booking.com Guest Review Award.
- Super Host status with AirBnB, on four consecutive occasions
- Recommended by Trip Advisor, Certificate of Excellence 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Bronze award for enviromental care (Trip Advisor)
- But our pride and joy is our own visitor book with its great comments, scripts and drawings.
We look forward to helping you have an excellent holiday here in Iceland.
Welcome to Iceland.
Ian and Frances Sykes